Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny [Navy] Polka Dot . . . Blouse

I did not own anything polka dotted until last night. Crazy? I agree. But then, on a trip to my new favorite thrift store, I discovered that Monday is 99 cent clothes day!! WHOA. Okay, not everything for 99 cents. Just certain things, though the pieces that I loved the most were correctly tagged. Including this adorable little sleeveless blouse! 99 cents. For two shirts, a skirt that's way too long and I'm excited to try hemming (I'll show you later), and these awesome shoes: $5. Yup, this will have to be a weekly event.


Not a great shot, but the only one where you can really see the polka dots.



I feel so grown-up in this outfit!




Sweater: Banana Republic. Blouse: Thrifted Ann Taylor Petites. Pants: Ann Taylor Loft. Shoes: Thrifted Stage 1.



Did you notice the maker of the blouse? I swear I didn't just pick up every Ann Taylor item I could find, but one is Ann Taylor and the other is Loft! Too funny. Also, these shoes were $2. That completely blew my mind. I was keeping my eyes open for some cute flat or heeled oxfords, but instead I saw these cute little menswear-inspired beauties. Bonus that I almost can't believe: they're very comfortable! WHOA! (I'll let you know if I still think that after wearing them at school all day today.)

So happy Everybody, Everywear polka dot day, (obviously the reason I was looking for spots. Thanks for helping me end up with this lovely tank, EBEW ladies!) happy Mardi Gras, and have a great day, all!

P.S. Right. The 30 challenge. I am not finished, and I have not posted every day. My plan is to post the rest of my outfits this afternoon/evening. In real life I have finished, so this posted outfit isn't cheating for me, I promise.


Polka Dots | Everybody, Everywear

1 comment:

  1. 99 cent day? I want my thrift stores to have that!
    I swear I'm not creepy, but that top shows off your great figure!

    Thanks for joining us at EBEW today!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete