Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Very Beginning

A very good place to start.

I'm  here to say some things. Probably about the clothes I wear, the foods I cook and the crafts I create. That, likely with a healthy dose of whining and some goofy stories, is what you can expect.

Today I started my first 30 for 30 like all sorts of fashionable people are doing. Only in my version, the 30 are all clothing items. It's dang cold where I live, and so I needed more for layers than others seem to . . . that, and I couldn't figure out how to choose fewer than 10 pairs of shoes. So shoes don't count for me. So far I have the first 8 outfits or so hung up together in my closet, and I'm amazed at the speed with which I get out the door this way! Thank you, Kendi Everyday, for making mornings work for me.

Also, I'm currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray. It's freaking sweet. If you've never read it, check it out. For me, it was a free 'purchase' with my husband's Kindle. I am a big fan of holding a physical book and creating a physical library and all that, but when you buy a book, you don't get like a million classic books for free. On that, books: 0, Kindle: 1.

Time for some chicken caesar salad, baked sweet potatoes and husband-canoodling. [29 days left to his deployment.]

No comments:

Post a Comment