Saturday, May 14, 2011

Legs

You can see mine!

IMG_4740IMG_4742

Scarf: $10 TJ Maxx, Shirt: $8 Old Navy, Skirt: $12 thrifted The Limited, Sandals: $10 Payless.

IMG_4745

I loved wearing this outfit - the shirt and skirt are very comfortable, and the shoes are old and easy to wear. The only thing about it is the scarf. Extended exposure to Unusual Form has made me interested in owning a nice collection of silk scarves, so I recently purchased two. This is the smaller of the two, just folded in half triangle-wise and tied behind my neck. Do I look like a bandit to you? I'm sure there's a better way to wear this thing, but I realized as soon as I owned it that I had no idea how.  : P

IMG_4754

IMG_4760

Dress: $30 White House Black Market via Half of Half Store. Necklace: Mom's. Belt: $1 Thrifted. Shoes: $full retail Naturalizer.

IMG_4774

There are bloggers who post the purchase prices of each of their outfit pieces in each post. I have long since been jealous of this, and I think doing so might help me recognize the value (not just monetary savings) of buying preowned and discounted items. And so I'm trying to get into it. There are still plenty of pieces of which I don't remember the cost, so you'll have to be patient with me, but I'm going to try.

Here's to affordable wardrobe choices!

3 comments:

  1. i love the second dress- so classy!i m doing a similar thing trying to organize my closet so as to know what i m missing and i dont go buy a lot of stuff i dont need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dress....uh-lot. For realsies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scarf. I think your wore it perfectly. I also love your second dress. It's so Audrey Hepburn.

    ReplyDelete